Email marketing is often seen as a more traditional marketing tool, but it is one that you should still include within your strategy. If you think about it, people sign up to receive your e-newsletters because they are interested in the products or services you have to offer. You literally have a captive audience sat there waiting to receive your content.
Email marketing is still effective
Did you know that email marketing is not only a great way to encourage customers to make a purchase, it is over 40 times more effective than acquiring new customers than Facebook and Twitter combined!
Another great advantage of email marketing is that it gives you the opportunity to regularly engage with your target audience. By having a segmented email database, you can send out specific emails to relevant people, helping to improve your conversion rate.
Uses of email marketing
Email marketing isn’t all about selling your products or services, it is an opportunity to build a relationship with your customers. Some of the ways you can use email include:
1. Brand awareness – by consistently sending out communications, you are making sure that your brand and product range is at the forefront of the minds of your customers.
2. Content promotion – creating engaging content that resonates with your audience is important, and email marketing is a great way to share this with them.
3. Lead generation – by providing your customers with content that is valuable and interesting to them, you are going to win them over, persuading them to provide their personal information.
Creating an email marketing strategy
Remember that your customers will be receiving hundreds of emails a day from various companies, so you need to focus on what sets you apart from the competition. Here are some great tips that will help to form the basis of your email marketing strategy.
– Define your target audience – develop a buyer persona
– Establish your email marketing goals – open & click through rates
– Create an easy email marketing signup form for your customers
– Put together a schedule and content ideas
– Measure the results of your campaigns, try split testing
Like with all marketing that you decide to carry out, measuring the success of your email campaign is essential. There are some great websites which can give you an indication into the open rates and click through rates that are expected for emails within your specific industry. Remember that fashion and beauty emails are much more likely to have higher levels of engagement than finance or legal emails.
If you are struggling for time when it comes to generating an email marketing strategy, why not contact me for help.